We all have periods of our lives that we can remember when things just seemed upside down.
The pace was too high, the tasks were too many, and the minutes were too few.
You might be there now….
I was recently doing some evaluation of different periods like this that I could remember.
Some of them went well, others didn’t.
So what was the determining factor???
In the hectic or high-stress times where the outcome was not ideal, I was devoid of any goals.
But the important part about all of this is interesting.
The goal isn’t what is important.
How we design it and execute it is what makes the difference.
So I started doing some digging on setting goals.
So here is a 7 step process to create structure out of chaos and achieve your goal:
- Decide exactly what you want
- Write it down
- Set a deadline
- Make a list of everything you can possibly think of that could help you achieve the goal
- Organize the list by sequence or priority. If one thing has to happen first, move it up the list
- Read the top of the list and take any action on that first item until it’s done
- Do this every day regardless of how small the action might be
This will help you create intention and having intention creates action and action creates momentum.
I would love to hear what’s your goal is…….